Architects and engineers from different firms have made the designs of railway stations and as per the standards suggested in the Network Rail and RIBA Competitions. Five design practices among more than 200 submissions were given a chance to proceed into the next stage.
The five shortlisted to go through to the next stage are:
- Pascall & Watson (London)
- Atkins (London) with PRD Ltd
- 7N Architects (Edinburgh)
- Miguel Angel Carrasco Arquitetura (Rio de Janeiro)
- Workshop Architecture (Toronto)
The design practices that got selected now get honoraria of £20,000 plus VAT to further develop their design concept. A final judgement of up to best design practices will be announced in February 2021. Then, shortlisted ones will be awarded with £250,000 each.