The £8bn Thamesmead Waterfront development will be possible in Southeast London, with five teams being picked as strategic masterplanners. The chosen group will work with Peabody and Lendlease who have entered a joint venture to build a new town centre on a 100 hectare site in Thamesmead.
The five teams shortlisted are:
- Allies & Morrison with Jas Bhalla Architects, SLA, Ramboll, Montagu Evans, and Frances Holliss.
- Studio Egret West & Cobe with Dark Matter Labs, Studio Weave, Freehaus Design, Yinka Ilori Studio, AKT II, Hilson Moran and Biomatrix Water.
- Prior & Partners with Arup, West 8, The Place Bureau, Alison Brooks Architects, Turner Works, Marc Koehler Architects, JA Projects, Schulze & Grassov, Soundings and Sage Culture.
- White Arkitekter with Publica, Tredje Natur, Central Saint Martins, Public Works, Bohn & Viljoen, Buro Happold, GL Hearn and Aurora.
- Urban Orchestra led by Tibbalds Planning and Urban Design, Mikhail Riches, Haptic and Expedition with Create Culture, Gardiner & Theobald, Gibson Thornley, GS Solutions, Innovation First, Kjellander Sjöberg, LOLA, Madeleine Kessler Architects, Mary Duggan Architects, Nick Elias Studio, Nordic Office of Architecture, William Matthews Architects and ZCD Architects.