The Spanish based construction giant Ferrovial that was set up in the UK witnessed higher losses last year. Their high level management had some changes as Karl Goose was promoted as managing director in February from the post of commercial director.
Ferrovial Agroman UK plunged £32m into the red last year following a £13m loss in 2018 primarily due to performance on water and highways jobs. The UK business, which has major contracts on Thames Tideway and HS2, has now recorded five consecutive years of losses in the UK market.
The figures below showcase the 5-years performances in terms of Pre-tax loss and Revenue respectively:
- The Pre-tax loss in 2019 was –£32m when the revenue generated was £345m
- The noted Pre-tax loss in 2018 was –£13m while the revenue was £296m
- The Pre-tax loss in 2017 was –£31m when the revenue generated was £333m
- The noted Pre-tax loss in 2016 was –£12m while the revenue was £364m
- The Pre-tax loss in 2015 was –£13m when the revenue generated was £262m.